The Chamber is a MEMBERSHIP based 501(c)6 organization that promotes it's member businesses/industries/organizations & tourism in Telfair County.
It unites business and professional individuals, creating a central agency that lends itself to improving businesses and building a better community.
The Chamber is the main voice working to improve the ECONOMIC STATUS of the county. The Chamber maintains Telfair County's information at the Resource Center in Atlanta.
What does our Chamber do?
The focus of the Telfair County Chamber of Commerce is the community's economic well-being. We work to increase wealth and prosperity by facilitating the growth of existing businesses and fostering new ones through Economic and Tourism Development. The new wealth can be directed toward establishing and improving civic, education and cultural facilities to create the proper business climate for attracting more business and industry.
The Chamber tirelessly works to encourage growth throughout all of Telfair County-growth that will lead to creation of more jobs and more people moving to Telfair County to live and create new customers for your business.
Through your membership in the Chamber, you are financially supporting the FUTURE of growth of Telfair County.
◊Economic Development: The Chamber is the main voice working to improve the economic status of the county. The Chamber maintains information at the Resource Center in Atlanta. The Chamber partners with the following organizations to bring new businssess and industries to our area:
*Atlanta Gas Light
*Development Authority of Telfair County
*Georgia Chamber of Commerce
*Georgia Department of Community Affairs
*Georgia Department of Labor
*Georgia Department of Transportation
*Georgia Economic Developers Association
*Georgia Electric Membership Corporation
*Heart of Georgia Railroad
*Industry & Trade Georgia Department of Economic Development
*Joint Development Authority of Hazlehurst, Lumber City & Telfair County
*Norfolk Southern Railroad
◊Tourism Development: The Chamber is also a Welcome-Visitor Center for Telfair County, promoting tourism related attractions and events locally, state-wide and even nationally. To promote attractions and events in our county, the Chamber partners with the following:
*Altamaha River Partnership
*Georgia Heritage Hwy 441
*Golden Isles Parkway Association
*Magnolia Midlands Travel Association
*Ocmulgee Water Trail Partnership
*Tourism Office Georgia Department of Economic Development
Who can and should belong to the Chamber?
ALL businesses, industries, professionals and individuals are not only eligible to be Chamber of Commerce members, but should be! In addition to investing in the growth of your county, Chamber members receive many benefits. All of our Members also have an open invitation to attend any and all Board of Directors meetings.
Why should you become a member of the
Telfair County Chamber of Commerce?
• Newsletter announcement: New members are listed in the Chamber's monthly newsletter which is sent out to subscribers who will read about your company
• Brochure/Rack Card Courtesey Display: Members may place marketing materials at the Chamber Office
• Referrals: The Chamber receivevs hundreds of calls and emails each year asking for recommendations of goods and services. We refer only Chamber members.
• Website Listing: Chamber members are listed on the Chamber's website.
• Facebook Announcements: Chamber members can post news or announcements on the Chamber's Facebook page.
• Ribbon Cuttings/Grand Openings: The Chamber will help you celebrate the opening of your business. Pictures will be provided to the local newspaper and published on the Chamber's website and Facebook page.
• Relocation Guides & Resources: Relocation Guides are distributed by request to businesses and new residents looking to relocate to Telfair County. These packets include resources on local services and businesses.
• Shop at Home Program: This program promotes "shopping at home". The Chamber issues "Shop at Home Gift Checks" throughout the year that can only be used at participating businesses that are Chamber members.
• Chamber members could qualify for discounts on commercial property/equipment insurance premiums with participating insurance companies.
• The Chamber has partnered with the Council on Alcolhol & Drugs, Inc. to provide the "Drugs Don't Work Program in Georgia". Chamber members could qualify for a discount on worker's comp insurance premiums.
• The Chamber has partnered with AirMedCare to provide you and your employees a discount on AirMedCare Enrollment. AirMedCare enrollment applications can be obtained from the Telfair County Chamber of Commerce.
Δ Advocacy & Economic Development
As a business owner in Telfair County, you are probably dependent upon the growth and prosperity of the area to make your business more profitable. If you are too busy to be involved, you can benefit from the efforts of the
Chamber to promote and insure the growth of the community.
The Chamber speaks on behalf of the business community at public hearings, with media and government on matters that impact not only the business community but also the community at large.
Δ Tourism Development
How can you reach thousands of visitors that come to our beautifulcounty? If Telfair County visitors are your customers, then joining the Chamber is a smart investmenet. Chamber membership is themost inexpensive way for you to advertise.
As in most everything, there is an expense in providing these services and that is where you can help. The Telfair County Chamber of Commerce is supported primarily by the members in the business community who are interested in stimulating new and improved businesses and in building a better community.
Remember your investment amount, paid each year to the Chamber of Commerce, should be considered an investment in your business and the future of your community. Without your support, the Chamber would not be able to perform its duties in a manner that brings SUCCESS to Telfair County.
The Chamber dues are not tax deductible as a charitable deduction but are tax deductible as a necessary business expense.
Put the Telfair County Chamber of Commerce
to work FOR YOU by joining today!
To become a member of the Chamber, download the membership application by CLICKING HERE. Complete the application and return to the address below along with payment.
Cornerstone Level (RE: Economic Development Purposes) Annually plus the above applicable regular annual membership dues.
♦ANNUAL CORNERSTONE MEMBERSHIP $1,000 annually
In addition to the regular annual membership, you can provide additional financial assistance in Economic Development by becoming a Cornerstone Level Member.
The cost of this investment in the Telfair County Chamber of Commerce is far exceeded by the return that your business will receive as a result of development encouraged and cultivated by the Chamber’s activities. All Cornerstone Dues will be dedicated for economic development uses, such as prospect development, economic development marketing activities and staff development.